Published Date : April 7, 2015
A Book Club Mystery
Amy-Faye Johnson’s beloved book club, the Readaholics, enjoys guessing whodunit in mysteries like The Maltese Falcon. But when a murder happens in their midst, they discover that solving crimes is harder than it seems…
Usually Amy-Faye would be the first to sing the praises of her idyllic Rocky Mountain town of Heaven, Colorado. Her event-planning business is thriving, her fellow book-obsessed Readaholics are a hoot, and her parents live only a few blocks away. But lately her hometown has felt a little less heavenly. First, she agrees to plan a wedding without realizing the groom is her ex-boyfriend. Then, Ivy, one of her fellow Readaholics, dies suddenly under mysterious circumstances.
The police rule Ivy’s death a suicide by poisoning, but Amy-Faye and the remaining Readaholics suspect foul play. Amy-Faye soon discovers that Ivy was hiding dangerous secrets—and making deadly enemies. Taking a page from her favorite literary sleuths, Amy-Faye is determined to find the real killer and close the book on this case. But finding the truth could spell her own ending…
Praise for The Readaholics and the Falcon Fiasco
Suspense Magazine calls it, “A series that readers will delve right into,” and “extremely well written.”
“This promising series is addictive!” — Mystery Scene magazine
“I never wanted to put this book down. 5 Stars.” — Carstairs Considers
“The mystery unfolds at the perfect pace … I am definitely looking forward to the next installment.” — The Qwillery
“A fantastically written beginning to what is sure to be a long lasting and engaging series. 5 Stars.” — A Cozy Girl Reads
1. If you’ve read The Maltese Falcon, what did you think of the Readaholics’ discussion of it? Which character’s view of the book came closest to how you reacted to it?
2. Is Amy-Faye the “leader” of the Readaholics, or do they all seem to have an equal voice in what goes on?
3. How do the Readaholics compare to your book club? Do you meet in each others’ homes or in a public place, serve food/beverages, spend most of your time discussing the book or catching up on each other’s lives, etc.?
4. Now that you “know” each of the Readaholics, what books would you say are favorites of each of them? Or, what current book do they each have on their nightstand right now?
5. Talk about Amy-Faye’s relationship with Doug Elvaston. Why do you think she’s still hung up on him? What would be your advice to her re her love life?
6. Should Amy-Faye have kept Misty, or was she right to give her to Lola?
7. At the end, Amy-Faye, Brooke and Lola are driving Doug to the airport in Denver so he can go on his honeymoon trip–alone. Does the ending work for you? Why or why not?