[Info_Box]Is your book club considering one of my books for your next selection? Let me join you! I’d be thrilled to participate by Skype or (if you’re close) to drop in. Reach out on my contact page. I’d love to hear from you.[/Info_Box]
The Readaholics and the Falcon Fiasco
- If you’ve read The Maltese Falcon, what did you think of the Readaholics’ discussion of it? Which character’s view of the book came closest to how you reacted to it?
- Is Amy-Faye the “leader” of the Readaholics, or do they all seem to have an equal voice in what goes on?
- How do the Readaholics compare to your book club? Do you meet in each others’ homes or in a public place, serve food/beverages, spend most of your time discussing the book or catching up on each other’s lives, etc.
- Now that you “know” each of the Readaholics, what books would you say are favorites of each of them? Or, what current book do they each have on their nightstand right now?
- Talk about Amy-Faye’s relationship with Doug Elvaston. Why do you think she’s still hung up on him? What would be your advice to her re her love life?
- Should Amy-Faye have kept Misty, or was she right to give her to Lola?
- At the end, Amy-Faye, Brooke and Lola are driving Doug to the airport in Denver so he can go on his honeymoon trip–alone. Does the ending work for you? Why or why not?